Firewalls and VPN
Features and Specs
- Dedicated to your hosting environment
- Site-to-site and client-to-client VPN
- Easy to use firewall management
- Filters both inbound and outbound traffic
- Helps mitigate effects of DoS attacks
- Logs all suspicious attempts to enter network
- Manage public access to networked resources, e.g. host applications, databases and shares.
Unlike shared firewall devices that leave the possibility of unauthorized access by any other customer sharing the same firewall, a dedicated firewall provides protection exclusively to your server. By utilizing dedicated hardware, you reduce any resource load that would be required to process the activity and are able to utilize advanced options such as a VPN or a DMZ which are not available with a shared firewall. With each firewall, you'll get access to a firewall manager that lets you set your security in real time. This includes the ability to change rules, view destination server IP addresses and static rules.
Although a software firewall is common, it does not offer the same level of security as a dedicated firewall. Setting up a software firewall can be complicated, it can create issues such as server shut-down, user lockout and system vulnerability that may occur when running a software-based firewall solution on your server. These situations are avoidable with dedicated firewall from eSecureData.
- Prevent unauthorized users from accessing your private hosted environment
- Customized to your security requirements, ie. blocking access to certain ports
- Restrict inbound traffic flow to a set of source IP addresses
- Filter both inbound and outbound traffic
- Establish a firewall based point-to-point IPSec Virtual Private Network
- Control timeouts for the different types of Internal protocol connections
- Include additional options such as a VPN or a DMZ available